Monday, June 7, 2010

The New Bathroom: Jailhouse Rock Style

Here was my weekend project this week: A new bathroom... on a budget! Although I had already painted this bathroom a dark chocolate color after moving in, I was never really excited by it. After doing some research for another project I am working on, Sing Sing Lounge, I got inspired by the black and white stripes that I proposed for the lounge and wanted that look in our home. I did the whole project for about $50 (just the cost of paint, a new shower curtain and a little ledge for candles.) I kept the same red chandelier that I had painted for the brown bathroom and the teal ceiling.
Here are the two 'before' bathrooms. On the left, this is what we moved into... beige linoleum on the walls with pink and blue flowers. On the right, first round of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment